Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's Time

Well, I have been away for way too long. Tomorrow I begin my long journey to become a runner once more. I'm not in any way trying to become the runner I once was, I'm just trying to become a runner again. Injuries, raising kids, a few surgeries, and essentially "regular life" has gradually nudged me to the sidelines over the past 10 years...each year more and more sideline. At some point I just stopped being a runner without even realizing it. But something is calling me back...something from deep inside of me. There is a void my runs used to fill that is empty and longing for what only my feet hitting the streets repetitively can fill. This is the beginning of my journey back. I'm old enough to not be able to chase personal bests, but never will be too old to chase my passion. In many ways I long to become a better runner than I ever was, even though the watch will never show it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home